I'm Talking - Someday EP (1984)
Skids' earlier post of I'M TALKING's 1986 album BEAR WITNESS blew me away! This band should have been worldwide, mega-big, but I don't think they got out of Australia (or did they?, at least I had never heard of them in the States). Well, following our motto of "if you like it, buy it" (and afflicted by "music collectors disease":-), I immediate scoured the internet for all the b-sides and remixes I could find for this band. My first score was a copy of their first single "Someday". The website that I got it from listed the 12" as having six tracks, sweet! Six more tunes from this awesome band. Upon arrival though I was a bit let down. It turns out the album is the soundtrack to a mini-movie (not sure how long it is or if it is just a video) called MORE LOVE STORIES. The six tracks turned out to be two versions of "Someday" and four, one to two minute instrumentals for scenes from the film. Oh well, a must have to be complete :-). If anyone has seen this film, please leave a comment about it, I'm very curious what it is like. Looks very strange from the few still picture on the back of the 12" cover.

I then tracked down the 45's of their singles to get the b-sides. Oh, did I mention that I secured a copy of BEAR WITNESS on CD? Well I did! And the little jewel has five bonus tracks. Super-sweet! So folks, for your pleasure here they all are, I think every track released by I'M TALKING in their short existence (please correct me if I am wrong). Unfortunately, the track "Cry Me A River" has annoying surface noise; though the 45's condition was listed as -M by the seller, it certainly was NOT. If anyone has this track and would like to share, PLEASE PLEASE do. The postage from OZ to the States is more that the record costs, and I would hate to blow money on another dud copy.

Enjoy!

SOMEDAY EP (1984) (MORE LOVE STORIES)

01 Someday (short mix)
02 The Restaurant (Love Theme)
03 Brief Encounter
04 The Bar
05 The Apartment
06 Someday (extended mix)


BEAR WITNESS (1986) (Expanded)

01 Do You Wanna Be
02 Holy Word
03 How Can It Be
04 Baby Baby Baby
05 Stay With Me
06 It's Over
07 Disaster
08 Love Means Everything
09 Trust Me
10 Lead The Way
11 Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Bear Witness (1986) Expanded (Pt 2)

12 Disko (Fall In Love Forever) (b-side to Lead The Way)
13 Take It To The Bridge (b-side to Trust Me)
14 Cry Me A River (b-side to Love Don't Live Here Anymore)
15 Disaster (Dance Mix)
16 Do You Wanna Be (Dance Mix)
17 Holy Word (Dance Mix)
18 Do You Wanna Be (Instrumental)
19 Holy Word (Instrumental)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ausrock Forum

Followers

Blog Archive

Visitors

Free Hit Counter