Westworld - Beatbox Rock 'N' Roll (1988)
No this is not the American heavy metal band of the same name. WESTWORLD was a mid-late 80's British band with an American singer. The Aussie link is that the CD was pressed only in OZ

(and Germany) and luckily an OZ ebayer helped me obtain it; so I figured some of you downunder might remember this band. Only thier first album was release in the USA under the title ROCKULATOR (in the UK it was WHERE THE ACTION IS). This is their second album. Confusingly, there was a "best of" CD released a few years back with almost the exact same title as this release.

I heard this band long before I knew of THE ELECTRIC PANDAS, but I think the two singers are very similar sounding. Tell us what you think. (note - Lin of the Electric Pandas has a new CD out with her new band BULLYGIRLS - buy it here:www.bullygirls.com.au/)

tracklist:

01 Everything Good Is Bad
02 Steel Toed Engineer
03 Break Your Heart
04 Beatbox And Rock 'n' Roll
05 Supersly
06 The Last Thing
07 Big Red Indian
08 Johnny Blue
09 Whirlwind Girls

10 Ultimate Westerner
11 Cadillac
12 Paper Skyscraper
13 Everything Good Is Badder
14 Johnny Blue Twelve
15 Bigger Red Indian

buy it IF you can find it anywhere...very rare!


Westworld

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ausrock Forum

Followers

Blog Archive

Visitors

Free Hit Counter